I had to make this little dish a handful of times before I perfected it. I’m glad I held out on the recipe because now it’s super good! It’s really easy to make, too! You basically mix all the ingredients together and throw it in the oven to cook.
It can be made with regular old fashioned oats or if you’d like to keep it gluten-free, go with the gluten-free oats.
Serving Size: 1
375 calories/ 1.9g saturated fat/ 49g carbs/ 9.9g fiber/ 16.1g sugar/ 26g protein
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats (or old fashioned oats)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 of an apple, chopped (or 1 small apple)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Vanilla)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2- 3 stevia packets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs and unsweetened almond milk.
- Add the remaining ingredients the bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- Spray an individual size casserole dish with cooking spray and pour mixture inside dish. **If you don’t have an individual size casserole dish, you can also use a cupcake tin and make muffins out of the mixture. **
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Top with 2 tbsp of PB2 or 1/2 tbsp of all natural peanut butter or almond butter.