- 1.25 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 c of black beans
- 1 c of old fashioned oats
- 2 egg whites
- 2 c of chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 c of reduced fat cheese
- 1.5 tbsp of Mrs.Dash seasoning (extra spicy or fiesta lime)
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Puree black beans in a food processor, until the consistency is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients and mix everything together.
- Form into 1.5 inch balls and place them on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx 30-35 minutes.
- Cool slightly & enjoy!
Makes approx 28 meatballs.
Nutritional Facts (per meatball): 55 calories/ 7 g protein/ 5.25 g carbs/0.2 g saturated fat/ 1.8 g fiber/ 0.8 g sugar