I’m all about cooking up lots of delicious, healthy food in my kitchen and I love it even more when it’s quick & simple! Am I right!? If you answered yes to that question – this recipe is for you!! In fact, I think the hardest thing you have to do is give the quinoa a good rinse prior to cooking it to avoid it coming out with a bitter taste – no one wants that nonsense!
Quinoa (pronounced ”KEEN-wah”) provides all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. In fact, quinoa has the highest amount of protein of all the whole grains out there! Another bonus, it’s a gluten free grain so it’d be perfect for those with gluten sensitivity.
- 2 cup low sodium chicken stock (or water)
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tsp of Mrs. Dash extra spicy (or you can use whichever Mrs. Dash or seasoning you prefer)
- sea salt to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
- Bring the chicken stock, rinsed quinoa, broccoli and garlic to a boil, over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat & simmer until the stock has been absorbed, approx 14-16 minutes.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese, seasoning and sea salt.
Serving Size: 4
193 calories/ 0.5g saturated fat/ 31g carbs/ 4.2g fiber/ 0.8g sugar/ 8g protein
Okay, I’m off! Have a great weekend loves! I have a workout to do and then we’ll see where the rest of the day takes me!