Happy Thursday to you, my friends!
Pasta! Everyone loves it! Here’s a recipe I created yesterday for lunch in honor of Pasta Day.
- 1 box of Fiber Gourmet Rotini
- 1.5 cups of Pasta Sauce (I used organic marinara sauce-no salt added from Trader Joe’s)
- 3 Chicken Sausages (I used Trader Joe’s spicy jalapeno chicken sausages)
- 1 12 oz. bag of Broccoli Slaw
- 1/4 c. fat free feta cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- Chop sausages in small bite slices (I cut mine into half circles )
- Heat a large skillet and add sliced sausages. Cook to brown, approx 4-5 minutes.
- Add the entire bag of broccoli slaw into the same skillet and continue to saute for approx 5 mins.
- Once the pasta is cooked, stir in the pasta sauce, feta cheese, sausages and broccoli slaw.
Super simple & each serving contains 2 heaping cups!
Serving size: 4 – 290 calories/1.5g saturated fat/39.5g net carbs/22g fiber/5g sugar/23g protein
I enjoyed this pasta dish so much that I also ate it for dinner! I poured the warm pasta over some greens with balsamic vinaigrette. Delish!
One last thing, the 500 FB Friend Giveaway continues…if you haven’t already please stop by and like my page and share it with your friends for a chance to win a snack pack!