Are chia seeds apart of your diet? If not, they should be! Here are a few health facts about the little gems.
Last week, I posted a few things on Facebook about chia seeds and mentioned I was trying chia seed pudding for the first time. Although, it doesn’t look like the prettiest thing ever, it’s a sweet, rich and creamy pudding.
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1/2 cup cookie dough casein protein powder (you can also use chocolate)
- 1/2 pkt of stevia
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 6 oz. of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- In a bowl, combine almond milk and chia seeds together. Let stand for 20 minutes, stirring frequently until it resembles gelatin.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Chill for about 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 2 servings – 188 calories/ 0.75g saturated fat / 12g carbs/ 6.1g fiber/ 3g sugar/ 24g protein
This is the brand that I use, purchased on Amazon.
Question: What’s your favorite way to eat chia seeds?