New Years is upon us and we all want to start the year on a good note, right? Here are a few tricks to save you major calories while celebrating the new year and beyond.
- Drink one glass of water, after each cocktail beverage. Pacing yourself can help you cut back on at least one cocktail, if not more.
- Sip on a single glass of wine instead of downing two beers
- Order drinks on the rock instead of frozen. Slushy drinks tend to be made with mixers that contain added sugar and syrups.
- Sip wine out of a champagne flute and not an oversize goblet.
- Want a frilly drink? Order a daiquiri instead of a pina colada.
- Gotta have your breakfast carbs? Split your bagel with a friend or co-worker.
- Swap orange juice for the real deal – an orange.
- Eat 4 egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs.
- If you order pancakes, hold the butter.
- Leave the cheese out of your sandwich.
- Use mustard on your sandwich instead of mayo.
- Leave the croutons off your salad.
- Enjoy a slice of veggie or cheese pizza instead of a meat lover’s pizza.
- Drink your ice tea unsweetened.
- Order a turkey burger instead of a beef burger.
I’ll be back tomorrow with 15 more simple tricks to cut calories.