- 2/3 cup of egg white substitute
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 stevia packet
- Whisk together egg substitute, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Add in coconut flour, baking powder, cocoa and stevia and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- Allow batter to sit while pan heats up (for 3-5 minutes) to allow the coconut flour time to thicken the batter.
- Pour batter in pan for each pancake and cook for about 3 minutes (on each side) or until browned before flipping. They take slightly longer to cook than traditional pancakes.
- 1/2 c nf plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of chocolate PB2
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk (to thin out the sauce)
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 stevia pkt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together well.
- Twenty seconds in the microwave turned this into a nice warm sauce for the pancakes! I mean, who wants cold ‘sauce’ over their hot pancakes?? Not this girl!
Optional: Garnish with chopped nuts & a few banana slices.
Serving Size: 1 (Batter will make 3-4 pancakes depending on the size of your pancakes.)
297 calories/2.25g saturated fat/30g carbs/14g fiber/11g sugar/37g protein
The use of coconut flour, egg substitute and nf plain greek yogurt are what gives this recipe such great nutritional stats so even though they can be substituted, they would significantly change those ^^ stats and to me that’s the whole beauty of this delicious recipe.