Over the weekend, my husband and I stood at a hotel that offered us a breakfast buffet during our stay. While I’m sure you could probably guess, there was an array of delicious looking and tempting muffins to choose from. I’m not gonna lie, I almost grabbed one! I’m glad I didn’t though…these ones are waaay better! Thank you for the inspiration, Hyatt Hotel!
These muffins are low-carb, high-protein, very low in sugar and gluten-free! Oh, and have I mentioned super moist & fluffy!?
- 2 scoops of FitMiss Vanilla Chai protein powder
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 c low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredient together.
- Spoon into muffin baking cups, filling it almost all the way to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins come out clean.
Sweet Cinnamon Cocoa Topping
- Mix together 1 packet of stevia, 1 tsp of cocoa powder & 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Press top of each muffin into your cocoa/cinnamon/sugar mix.
Recipe makes 7 muffins -
85 calories, 4.7g carbs, 10.3g protein. 0.9 g sat fat, 2.1g fiber & 1.2 g sugar.