Quinoa is gluten-free and easy to make! In this recipe,I’ve added a “secret” ingredient to really bulk it up and give you more bang for your buck!
Serving Size: 6 (about 1.5 cups)
183 calories/ 0.6g saturated fat/ 29.4g carbs/ 6.7g fiber/ 5g sugar/ 8.5g protein
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock (or water)
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 cups broccoli
- A full head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash seasoning (I used Fiesta Lime)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Rinse quinoa
- Bring the chicken stock and quinoa to a boil, over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the stock has been absorbed, approx 14-16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees and chop up all your veggies.
- Sprinkle veggies lightly with sea salt and & Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- Place cauliflower on different baking sheet with garlic.
- Roast all you veggies for 40 minutes, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Allow the cauliflower to cool for about 5 minutes before turning your cauliflower into “rice”. Place the florets in a food processor in batches and process until evenly chopped but not completely pulverized.