Not only does this taste great but it’s actually really good for you! I created it yesterday when I was trying to decide what to eat for lunch? I whipped it up on a whim and it actually turned out really good…so I’m sharing!
- 5 oz light tuna in water
- 1/2 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/4 onion
- 2 tbsp. of egg whites
- 2 tbsp. flax seed
- 1 tbsp. Mrs. Dash extra spicy seasoning
- Dash of hot sauce & sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree everything together for about 30 seconds.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with non-stick cooking spray and cook tuna cakes over medium heat, turning after about 3-4 minutes to ensure both sides cook evenly.
- Place on top lettuce/salad.
- Use light dressing or lemon juice.
Flax seed and tuna both supply essential nutrients and heart-healthy omega-3 fats.
Butternut squash has more vitamin A than that in pumpkin.
Serving Size 1: 260 calories /0 g saturated fat/ 22 g carbs/ 4 g fiber/ 3.5 g sugar/ 22 g protein
(Includes a cup of lettuce to lay your cakes on. )
I can’t leave out the rest of my meals from yesterday…
I went back to the basics for breakfast. Pumpkin pie coffee and an egg white scramble with chicken sausage and salsa. I toasted up my whole wheat pita and spread a tablespoon of wholly guacamole inside it. I always change up lunch and dinner but I swear I can eat this dish, everyday for breakfast and be a happy camper!
Dinner was a chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries, Yum! I love, love sweet potato fries!!! I finished off the rest of my Julian Bakery’s amazing sourdough bread loaf last night on my chicken sandwich and replaced mayo and mustard for spicy hummus. Soo good! To get my sweet potato fries all nice and crispy, I cooked them at 400 degrees for 16 mins – flipped over and cooked for another 16 minutes.
Left photo: My lovely little family
Right photo: Me, my daugther, my sister & goddaughter/niece
Question: Which meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) can you eat the same dish everyday?