Happy Weekend Friends!
Boooooy, do I have a sweet treat for you today!!!!
We went to the drive-ins last night to see Paranormal Activity 4, sccaarry! We hadn’t been there in years but decided since the weather was so nice, why not take advantage of it!? Since having Mila, we hadn’t gone to a movie at all so I wanted to go all out and make a sweet treat to take along with us to enjoy with our movie and wine.
Consider this a warning my friends, it is ADDICTING! I couldn’t stop eating it!
- 4 tbsp of popcorn kernels
- 1/2 of a dark chocolate bar
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup Gerber Puffs
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s freeze dried blueberries
- 1 stevia packet
- A few dashes of cinnamon
- Place popcorn kernels inside a paper bag and fold close, twice. Pop in the microwave for approx 2 minutes.
- Lay popcorn on baking sheet, and add cheerios, gerber puffs and freeze dried blueberries.
- Melt chocolate
- Drizzle over popcorn mix
- Sprinkle stevia and cinnamon over popcorn.
- You can either leave the popcorn alone and allow chocolate to harden or you can toss everything together to have the chocolate get everywhere, that’s what I did.
Makes approx 10 cups
Total Servings: 4 (2.5 cups each) 164 calories/2.5g saturated fat/29.5g carbs/ 4.3g fiber/10.5g sugar/3.5g protein
Great nutritional stats! Usually chocolate covered popcorn is 2-3 times the calories! Eeekk, now that’s scarier than any movie!
While after all that excitement, my eats may sound a little dull to you. I promise you though, they were really good!
Breakfast was the usual toast and eggs with a nice hot mug of my pumpkin pie coffee – YUM!
I didn’t really know what I wanted for lunch so I made me a snack plate. Hard boiled eggs with wholly guacamole (in placement of the yolk), tuna stuffed bell peppers, a few pita chips and an apple. What a variety, right? It was a ton of fun, kind of lunch.
Dinner was a guiltless pizza, topped with mushroom, spinach, ham, jalapenos, artichokes and feta cheese. The hubs would have gone for pizza delivery but I figured since we’d be enjoying some wine and popolicious with our movie, why not be a little good for dinner?
I hope you enjoy my popolicious recipe and don’t worry if you can’t stick to one serving…I know I didn’t!