How was everybody’s Valentine Day? Hopefully, it was filled with love and spoiling, whether it be from a loved one or to yourself!
I shared this meal on my Facebook and Instagram earlier this week and received a lot of requests for this recipe! It’s actually super simple and more of a “how-to”. This makes a great meal for lunch or dinner and for my followers participating in Lent – this would be perfect on Meatless Fridays!
- 1 tilapia fillet (I used a 6 oz. fillet)
- 1 cup of drained & rinsed garbanzo beans
- 2 medium size chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of chopped green beans
- 1/2 tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime (you can also substitute it for a mixture of chili pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin & black pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 wedge of lemon (or lime)
- Heat up a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Chop up veggies into bite size pieces and add them to the heated skillet.
- Chop tilapia fillet into bite size pieces and after allowing the veggies to cook for a few minutes, add in your chopped tilapia pieces.
- Season ingredients in the skillet with sea salt and Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss in the garbanzo beans and cook everything for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle your dish with lemon juice.
Serving Size: 2
278 calories/36g carbs/11g fiber/5.4g sugar/27.5g protein
Coming up in tomorrow’s post- What’s in Well-Girl’s picnic basket? I’ll give you a hint: Tasty treats & their mostly healthy!